Thanksgiving Countdown for Families – or Anyone!
Family Faith Builder for Thanksgiving. Don’t wait until Thanksgiving day to talk about what you’re thankful for. Start now! You could do this one night a week at dinner time, or as a countdown each day to Thanksgiving, starting seven days before.
Enjoy this Thanksgiving Countdown discussion guide with your family to help them focus on thankfulness.
Have family members take turns naming…
- One gift you’ve received this year that you’re thankful for.
- Two things you’ve learned about God this year that have changed your life.
- Three things you’re thankful for about our family’s faith.
- Four things you’re thankful for about our family.
- Five experiences our family had this year that you really enjoyed.
- Six things in creation you couldn’t live without.
- Seven people outside our family who blessed you in some way.
Candy Corn Option: Ask everyone take candy corn from a bowl (1 to 7 pieces) and then based on how many they took, read them the corresponding number above.
Social Media Option: Post one of these statements along with your answers and challenge friends to add their own responses.
Idea from: childrensministry.comCategories: Blog, Holidays, Parenting