Football Games Are Not For Me
I’ve made up my mind never to attend another football game. I’ve been a huge fan for many years, but now I’ve had it. Let me list the reasons why:
- I was taken to too many games by my parents when I was young.
- The games are always played when I want to do something else.
- Every time I go to a game, someone asks for money.
- Although I go to games quite often, people are rarely friendly enough to speak to me.
- The seats are too hard and uncomfortable. Besides, I often have to sit down front on the 50 yard line.
- I suspect there are hypocrites sitting nearby. They come to see their friends and to look at what everyone else is wearing rather than to watch the game.
- The field judge says things I don’t agree with.
- The band always plays songs I’ve never heard before.
- Some games last way too long. This makes me get home late.
- I have a big TV. I can watch football on that.
- I can always just listen to the game on the internet later on when it fits my schedule.
Well, there they are- the top reasons why I will never attend another football game. Kind of foolish, isn’t it, to miss the joys of football for these reasons? I wonder how many of us are missing the joys of worship, Bible study, training and prayer for reasons that are just as foolish.