Back to Church Update!
Join us to worship together this Sunday at First Baptist
We hope you can be here!
There will be some changes to comply with safety requirements from the State of New York.
Remember, as God commands, we are loving our neighbors and we are submitting to the authority God sovereignly allowed.
NEW! Pre-Screening Health Form
In order to speed up the entry time and allow for inclement weather, you can pre-screen at home by taking your temperature and completing the form. Please DO NOT attend if your temperature is above 100.4 F or if you answered “Yes” to any of the COVID related questions. You can turn in your form at the door and by-pass the sign-in.
Please take time to read these procedures so we are all ready for worshiping together.
- We are limited to 50% capacity (382 max). This means we can have up to 191 people including the Fellowship Hall as an overflow room.
- 10 am Worship Service – side doors (by parking lot) will open at 9:45 for entry. The first 80 people here may be seated in the auditorium with alternating empty pews to help us spread out; the next 30 will be seated in the Fellowship Hall watching the service live on screen. We have a maximum capacity of 191 people right now. Others are welcome to watch online on Facebook.com/DunkirkBaptist or our YouTube channel.
- Entering the building – please wear masks in and out of the auditorium – but you are free to remove them while seated during the service when socially distanced (6 ft) from others not in your immediate family.
- Temperatures (touchless) will be taken on entry and hand sanitizer is available at all entrances.
- Please gather to talk and fellowship outside before and after the service.
- Please maintain social distancing with others outside your immediate family.
- Kid’s Church will be meeting but with some distance precautions and no shared food.
- The Nursery will be open only for parents if needed
- Sunday School is on hold for the time being
- Offering plates will be in the lobby or table in the Fellowship Hall
- We will not serve coffee & refreshments at this time.
- After the service we will dismiss by rows to avoid large groups in the hallways – please exit the building and enjoy fellowship outdoors.
- Our regular staff and volunteers are all pre-screened each Sunday before opening our doors
- The rest of the building will be closed off (please don’t let your kids wander)
CDC Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith from CDC website
Promote healthy hygiene practices
- Encourage staff and congregants to maintain good hand hygiene, washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Have adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors, including soap, hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol (for those who can safely use hand sanitizer), tissues, and no-touch trash cans.
- Encourage staff and congregants to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed.
- Whenever soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can be used.
Cloth face coverings
- Encourage use of cloth face coverings among staff and congregants. Face coverings are most essential when social distancing is difficult. Note: Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance. Cloth face coverings are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms.