Welcome to First Baptist and Welcome to Back to Church Sunday. I’m Pastor Mark Massaro and this weekend marks my third anniversary here.
Our theme, “Stronger Together,” reminds us that together individuals, families and friends, no matter your economic situation, the geography of your home or the color of your skin, make God’s church stronger. Together, we can thrive in uncertainty, stay hopeful in a world of doubt, confident as fear grips our community and flourish as one.
First Baptist believes there has never been a better time than now for you to come back and get plugged in to a church that offers friendships, opportunities to serve the community, and a place to grow spiritually through a journey of personal faith.
Two are better than one… But three are even better!
We need each other!
Common Bond is Unity in Jesus Christ
The Church as A Body
Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-16
1 Corinthians 12:24b-26
The Church as A Building
1 Peter 2:4-5
- Unity of the Faith
- Knowledge of the Son of God
- Spiritual Maturity = being like Jesus
First Baptist Church desires to help the people of our community find a place where they can come together to Worship God, Grow in Christ, and Share God’s Love (the Gospel) with those around us. Those our our main purposes and we want you to find that place of togetherness.
from Strong Church by Dr. John Greening
- Jesus Christ is the sole architect of our church’s faith and practice.
- Be alert to the dangers of alternative models
- Focus our ministry on building spiritual lives of our people
- Use the Bible as the primary tool for building the church
- Develop a capable team of pastors and teachers who effectively teach the Word of God
- Recognize Christ will inspect our work
- Rely on the Holy Spirit’s enabling to do the work of building the church
Trust Jesus Christ as Savior
- Admit you are a sinner and unable to save yourself
- Believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God died on the cross paying the penalty for your sins and rose again.
- Confess that Jesus is no Lord of your life and submit to obeying His Word
Need a church home?
Join us here at First Baptist
Intro Class to learn more
Attend breakfasts, Bible Studies, Sunday Classes or join a Growth Group
Pick up a Share brochure at the Welcome Center and see where you can serve.