- We’ve found the Messiah!
- Simon = one who hears
- Cephas/Peter = stone/rock
Fishers of Men
- “I am a sinful man”
- Left their nets
- Followed Jesus
- Jesus healed Peter’s mother-in-law
- Peter saw Isaiah’s prophecy fulfilled
Step of Faith
- Jesus walked on water
- Peter asked if he could go to Him
- Peter took his eyes off Jesus and began to sink
- Jesus reached out His hand and saved him
Confession of Faith
- Who do people say I am?
- Who do you say I am?
- “You are the Christ (Messiah),
the Son of the living God.” – Peter
- I will build my church!
- Go on ahead and get a donkey
- Hosanna = Save us now
Passover – Last Supper
- Jesus washed the disciples’ feet
- “You will never wash my feet”
- “Wash my hands and head too!”
- Jesus warned disciples they would all scatter when He was arrested
- Peter promised he would never leave or deny Jesus
- Jesus told him he would deny him three times
- Have you met Jesus like Peter?
- Do you know about Him or do you know Him as your Savior?
- Jesus invites you to repent and believe like Peter
- Are you following faithfully?
- Have you made promises you haven’t kept?
- Are you growing or plateaued?
- Is Jesus really Lord of your life?