- WORSHIP – Our lives are made to glorify God and recognize Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- GROW – Developing Disciples, Spiritual Growth & Maturity, Fellowship
- SHARE – Called to share the Good News of the Gospel and God’s love with our community & the world and to share our spiritual gifts and abilities
Five Characteristics of our Sanctification
(change & spiritual growth to be like Jesus Christ)
1. It is a gradual process
- I haven’t arrived
- Walking (not running) by the Spirit.
2. God is Active
- The Father purges the fruitful vine.
- The Son washes/cleans by the water of the Word.
- The Spirit transforms us as we see Christ in the mirror of His Word.
3. You must be Active
- The subject of the verb is you
- Let us cleanse ourselves
- Train yourself for godliness
- Walk in a worthy manner
- Flee sin and pursue righteousness
- Bring your body into discipline
4. The Word of God must be Active on the Inner and Outer person
- The inner person by see yourself dead to sin; renew your mind; being renewed by the Holy Spirit
- Outer person through our actions or habits; present yourself as a sacrifice; train yourself; put off and put on
5. Growth & change take effort
- All the runners run
- Every athlete exercises
- Be strong in Lord
- So you may stand against
- We do not wrestle flesh and blood
- I fought the fight
We Grow Together
- Build up the body to be mature and fully like Christ.
- Grow up together in Christ
- Each part is working properly – the body grows and builds itself up in love.
How does Church Help?
- Sunday worship services
- Sunday School classes for all ages
- Youth Group
- Growth Groups
- Bible studies
- Men’s & Women’s breakfasts
- Mini conferences
- Counseling ministry
So What Do I Do Now?
- What needs to change?
- Keep your mind on Biblical truth
- Renew your mind through Scripture
- Put off old habits and thinking with the strength of the Holy Spirit
- Put on the Christ-like actions and fruits of the Spirit
- Get involved in church growth
- Come to our Intro to FBC class