Praying for your Pastor & Church Leaders
In Colossians 4:3-4, the Apostle Paul wrote “Pray also for us (pastors & leaders), that God may open to us a door for the Word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison, that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.”
Pastor and leaders will come under spiritual attack when they are being effective in serving God. They need encouragement and steadfast prayer to help them win the battle. Remember, our prayers should be that people would glorify God and accomplish His will in the midst of whatever circumstances they are facing. God promises to help us endure our temptations but not always to remove us from the problem (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Here are some specific areas to focus on as you can pray for your pastors and church leaders.
- Faithfulness to God, spouse, family, and church
- Quiet Time to Study and Grow in the Word
- Boldness to Preach, Encourage, and Admonish
- Rest & Good Health
- Connections into our Community
- Wisdom and Direction for our Church
- Humility & Grace
- Fellowship and Good Godly Friends
- Joy and Patience in Serving
- Provision for family
You can listen to the sermon on Powerful Prayer here: https://dunkirkbaptist.org/sermons/powerful-prayer/Categories: Blog