Trusting God in a World Filled with Injustice
Scripture: Psalm 73
Two kinds of hearts:
1. Truly God is good to Israel to those who are pure in heart.
2. Their eyes swell out through fatness; their hearts overflow with follies.
Two situations regarding plagues:
1. They are not in trouble as others are; they are not stricken like the rest of mankind.
2. For all the day long I have been stricken and rebuked every morning.
Two slippery places:
1. But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped. (Psalm 73:2)
2. Truly you set them in slippery places; you make them fall to ruin. (Psalm 73:18)
Lessons and Applications:
1. Remember things are not always as they seem (Psalm 73:18,19)
2. Trust the timing and character of God (Psalm 73:20)
3. Rejoice in what we have:
a. fellowship (Psalm 73:23a)
b. security (Psalm 73:23b)
c. guidance (Psalm 73:24a)
d. hope (Psalm 73:24b)
e. strength (Psalm 73:26)