We are in a new sermon series called Rediscover Church – why the body of Christ is essential. We are asking nine key questions about church. And as we consider the answers I hope we all take the next step in deepening our relationship with Christ and our local church. Maybe you have been watching on-line and waiting to take the step of joining us in-person. Come on out and join us!
The questions come from the book Rediscover Church I have been reading by Collin Hansen and Johnathan Leeman. Our Growth Groups are joining the discussion each week through the rest of this series. If you would like to try a growth group, you will receive a FREE copy of the book. Please sign up for a Growth Group at the Welcome Center.
God’s Word is our Authority
2 Timothy 4:1-2
2 Timothy 3:16-17
Nehemiah 8:3, 7-8, 12
1 Timothy 4:12-13
- Have you trusted Jesus as your Savior and made peace with God? Come talk to me.
- Do you regularly gather with the church for the preaching and teaching of God’s Word? You’re here!
- Are you regularly part of a Sunday School class, a Bible study, or Growth Group? Try one today!
- Are you teaching the Word to yourself on a daily basis? In John 15, Jesus said I am the Vine – unless you abide in Me (my Word) you cannot grow and bear fruit. Apart from Me you can do nothing. In our January Update email, there is a link for the top Bible Reading Plans. You can find it on our website.
- If you know God’s Word are you teaching it to others? There are opportunities in Sunday School, Kid’s Church, Nursery, Youth Group and more. One on one discipleship is vital in our growth.
I would invite you to take one of these Take Away steps today. Text or email me and tell me where you are and where you want to go next. – Pastor Mark