Scripture: Titus 1:5-9
Five personality flaws to avoid
- Not Arrogant
- Not quick-tempered
- Not a drunkard
- Not violent
- Not greedy for gain
Six character traits to pursue.
- Lover of good
Ask God to show you where you need to change. Are there idols hiding in my heart? (See list below)
Ask God to transform your heart, mind through His Word and the Holy Spirit
Questions for Identifying Idols
- What do I want, desire, seek, or wish for?
- What do I want to preserve at all costs?
- What am I willing to sin for to get?
- What am I willing to sin for in order to keep from losing?
- What were my intentions designed to accomplish?
- How am I punishing or judging others when my desires are not fulfilled?
- What do I fear or what am I worrying about?
- What desires result in frustration, anxiety, resentment, bitterness, anger or depression
when they are not fulfilled