- An organized body of baptized believers who are equal in rank and privileges – not just anyone and everyone that shows up
- People united in the belief of what Jesus taught – commitment to know, believe, and follow what the Bible say
- Covenanting together to do what He commanded – encouraging each other to obey and follow Jesus faithfully
- Cooperating with other like churches or people in kingdom ministry – we recognize that not every church is striving to follow God’s Word, so we need to be discerning about the churches, missionaries, and ministries with who we cooperate.
I Will Be a Functioning Church Member
Function means to work or operate in a proper or particular way. To fulfill the purpose or task required.
I Will Be a Unifying Church Member
I Will Not Let Church be about my Preferences and Desires
In Matthew 20:28 Jesus said, “even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”” The word servant appears fifty-seven times in the NT. And the verb serve occurs fifty-eight times. Being a disciple of Jesus Christ; being a member of a church is all about serving. The Apostle Paul said
I Will Pray for My Church Leaders
- For preaching and teaching
- For our marriages and families
- For protection, reputation and staying above fault
- Self control and humility
- For physical, mental, and spiritual health
I Will Lead My Family to be Healthy Church Members
I Will Treasure Church Membership as a Gift
God gave you the church as a family to belong, with a pastor and leaders who care for your soul. You will be equipped for ministry. You will be built up in Christ. You will find unity in the faith and greater knowledge of the Son of God. You will be maturing spiritually.