God’s promises usually say more about who He is or what He is doing than about a certain situation or an outcome we may desire.
What’s the purpose of motivation?
So today we will look into God’s Word for some motivating promises. What’s the purpose of motivation? It’s getting you to do something.
The Bible’s motivational messages are really much more about God and how we relate to Him. Our motivation as Christ followers is to bring glory to our Creator and Sustainer. The goal of biblical counseling is seeking change our hearts to reorient our desires, our feelings, and our behaviors to be pleasing to God – to make us more like Jesus Christ. That is our ultimate motivation.
Our motivation in life should not be selfish – things that make me feel good or enhance my self-worth. Instead, we are called to have the mind of Christ, who brought God glory by humbly obeying Him, even giving up His life. Our motivation should be love for God and showing His love for others.
Ten Motivating Scripture Passages
- Deuteronomy 31:6
- Isaiah 40:31
- 1 John 3:2
- Colossians 3:3-4
- Colossians 3:23-24
- Romans 8:28-30
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
- James 1:2-4, 12
- 2 Peter 1:3-4
Jesus Christ, God’s Son, motivated by God’s love brought salvation to all who believe. He demonstrated God’s love by offering His own life as the only acceptable sacrifice for our sins, then rose from the dead proving He is God. If you have you never confessed your sin and your need for the Savior; I invite you to answer His call today and trust Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. You can talk to me today or come visit later.
- What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
- What motivates you to care for your family?
- What motivates you to do your best at school or work?
- Am I becoming more like Jesus Christ and bringing God glory in all areas of my life.
- Are you having a hard time making changes in your life? Giving up sin or maybe being consistent in Christian disciplines. Our church offers help with biblical counseling that will get at the heart of your concerns.