Scripture: Genesis 45
We are continuing the Life of Joseph: God’s Good Plan and today in Genesis 45 we will finally see the recognition of Joseph by his brother. His reassurance that they will not be punished. The reconciliation between members of a broken family and a long lost son returned to his father. And finally, the relocation of Jacob’s entire family to Egypt where there is abundant food. Joseph’s forgiveness of his brothers is what made this all possible. How and when should you forgive someone? What does it mean to forgive as God has forgiven you?
How and when should you forgive?
- Bear with one another.
- Forgive as Christ forgave you.
- Have mercy on others as I had mercy on you.
- I need to see my own sin first,
my sin as worse, and my sin as the thing I need to be working on most.
What about you?
- Is there someone you need to forgive today?
- You need to be first to reach out with an apology and ask for forgiveness.