Scripture: Titus 2:5-10
Mission of the Church
The mission of First Baptist Church is to develop missionary disciples who worship God, grow spiritually, and share the Gospel and their spiritual gifts.
“Discipleship is intentionally equipping believers with the Word of God through accountable relationships empowered by the Holy Spirit in order to replicate faithful followers of Christ.”
Robby Gallaty, Rediscovering Discipleship
What is Discipleship”
Two key components:
- It involves God’s Word
- Accountable relationships of believers
RESULT: More faithful followers. Growth is expected.
A Healthy church is a Disciple making and training church.
- Love husband and children
- Be self-controlled
- Working at home
- Submissive to her husband
RESULT: God’s Word will not be hated or dishonored instead your life will be a beacon drawing people to God and His Word.
- Flee youthful lusts and passions and pursue righteousness
- EVERYTHING ELSE!
Pastors & Leaders
Model of good works
“Actions speak louder than words.”
Show integrity, dignity and sound speech
- Well-pleasing – excellence
- Not pilfering or stealing
- Show integrity in everything
- Make God look good
Younger Men & Women
- Watch & learn from others
- Get to know older people
- Model your life after them
- Find a mentor to meet with
First Baptist exists to develop missionary disciples who…
- Worship God
- Grow spiritually
- Share the Gospel & themselves