Community Red Cross Blood Drive
Give the gift of life. Give blood.
You don’t need a special reason to give blood. You just need your own reason.
- Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend.
- Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day.
- Some believe it is the right thing to do.
- Some do it for the free cookies and juice.
Everyone enjoys the great feeling of helping save lives!
Learn more about giving blood at www.redcrossblood.org
Schedule your donation on-line to save time at Schedule Now.
Additional tips for the day of your donation:
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water (or other nonalcoholic drink) before your appointment.
- Eat a healthy meal, avoiding fatty foods like hamburgers, fries or ice cream.
- Wear a shirt with sleeves that you can roll up above your elbows.
- Let us know if you have a preferred arm or particular vein that has been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
- Relax, listen to music, talk to other donors or read while you donate.