- Are you running from God’s grace and love?
- Are you avoiding His commands and direction for your life?
- Is compassion for your enemies missing in your heart, words, and actions?
Who was Jonah?
- 2 Kings 14:25 – son of Amittai; a prophet from Gath-hepher
- Joshua 19:13 – from Galilee
- Around 760 BC (Amos & Hosea’s time)
Jonah & Jesus
- Compare & Contrast
- Matthew 12:38-41 – Greater!
- Luke 15 – Prodigal Son
Jonah & God’s Word
Jonah & God’s World
Jonah & God’s Grace
- God’s compassion is boundless, not limited just to “us” but also available for “them.”
- God’s sovereign control over events on the earth
- God’s determination to get his message to the nations
- Need for repentance from sin in general
- Need for repentance specifically from self-centeredness and hypocrisy
- Full assurance that God will relent when people repent
- Are you running from God’s love and grace?
- Are you running from God’s call to do something great?
- Do you have a hard time forgiving people and extending grace?
- Do you get angry when God does?
The Bible Project develops excellent overviews to give the big picture of Bible books.
You can find JONAH on their website: BibleProject.com