Welcome to First Baptist Church of Dunkirk, New York. We are a group of believers who love and worship the Lord Jesus Christ and want to grow and share Him with our community and the world.
The mission of First Baptist Church is to make and mature disciples who worship God, grow spiritually, and share the Gospel and their spiritual gifts.
WORSHIP – our lives are to glorify God and recognize Jesus Christ as Lord
GROW – Discipleship, Spiritual Growth & Maturity, Fellowship
SHARE – We are called to share the Good News of the Gospel with our community & the world and to share our spiritual gifts and abilities with our church & community
Our Core Values
- The Bible is our sole authority
- Obedience to the Word of God
- Prayer is our key to power
- Growing in Biblical fellowship and community
- Every person matters to God
- Loving our neighbors
- Worship as a lifestyle
- The greatest demonstration of God’s love is to lead a person to accept Christ and disciple them to grow in spiritual maturity.
- Preaching and Teaching are our main methods to develop Biblical thinking.
What We Believe
- We believe in the inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the Holy Bible.
- We believe there is one God that exists as three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and was both fully God and fully man.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ and in His ascension into Heaven.
- We believe that all mankind is inherently sinful and separated from God.
- We believe that repentance of sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are the only conditions of salvation.
- We believe that eternal salvation is by grace through the sacrificial death of Jesus and not of works or baptism.
- We believe that all who are saved are inhabited by the Holy Spirit and that their salvation is eternally assured.
- We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit were concluded with the completion of the New Testament Canon.
- We believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the church and the pre-millennial return of Christ.